Saturday, March 06, 2010

How it happened to me

How it happened to me.I had energy experiences since...I was a child, but I thought they came off rocks or the environment...They started get more apparent and heavy about 1982..I was an agnostic but I thought 'God' was talking to me...I had thought God was an energy anyway...In 1984 I started meditating after finding an expensive book by Richard Hittleman in the one dollar tray...From there I went to North American Spirituality, Chinese Tao, Kabbala and the Sufis...Zikrs and all...In 1985 on a visit to familiy in Australia I was on Bondi Beach, where I ate a hamburger. I fell asleep on the beach and had a strange dream that I was a cow. I saw the whole proces of the slaughterhouse, including fear,smells, noises, terror, cruel treatment etc....It was a horrifying nightmare and I awoke saying aloud 'They know, they know they are to be cruelly slaughtered'.That day I became a vegetarian on the strength of that dream....that very day.I had always said that if I ever really thought about the morality of eating meat, I would probably stop.
I was in the Theosophical Bookshop and I bought the Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita after attending a speech by so called Sadguru from Hawaii called Butler. I later bought a book suggested by the staff on sai baba and was given an address to go to. This was the beginning of my involvement with this pedophile, murdering fraud guru...

Anyway I believed he was an avatar not a mukta...and I started reading Ramana Maharshi, by accident from a book in the library..'Be as you are'.1987.I had bought a book of letters from the Ramana Ashram the year before from a second hand bookshop, so I had heard the name....

Then the chronology goes like this....no referrals...

1. No mind I am the Self....1988.

2. Be as you are.....bought 1989.

3. Collected works of Ramana 1990....Sutras of Patanjali....

5. Ultimate Mediine..on Nisargadatta Maharaj....1989.

6. Pointers on Nisargadatta.1996.

7. I am that...Nisargadatta Maharaj...2001.

8. Power of the Presence....Ramana ...2003.

9. Plus I was heavily into Sankara, and Translated Sanskrit Texts, Puranas, etc....

So that is how it happened........plus visits to India.

No comments: