Wednesday, June 01, 2011

1985; With regard to my dream of being a cow in a slaughterhouse

1985; With regard to my dream of being a cow in a slaughterhouse


1985; With regard to my dream of being a cow in a slaughterhouse, and the subsequent horrific dream, that I had; I think my previous months of meditation and giving up drinking had allowed my intellectual or vijnanamayakosa to be cleaned somewhat, so it was developed enough to react to the 'dream', in a positive way and give up the hypocritical position of having 'god' in my heart and meat on my plate....In fact Ramana does say that sadhana and meditation are necessary for purification of the vasanas....but eating meat is bringing in untold millions of years of vasanas and the death process, of the animal into our own bodies...



Food affects the mind. For the practice of any kind of yoga, vegetarianism is absolutely necessary since it makes the mind more sattvic [pure and harmonious]. --Sri Ramana Maharshi.

One has no idea where we are at spiritually, as it is all in the citta vasana or subconscious mind. Every now and then one realises the purification is going on, sometimes we call the pranic cleaning of the kosas, the rise of kundalini or universal mind...

No comments: